A journey full of perplexion (Part-1)

"Aryan! Hurry up! You're getting late for flight!!" Maa yelled for 17th time.
"Haan maa, I'm all ready. Bag is packed, everything is done but I'am feeling like I've forgotten something; but don't know what!"
"Ahh! How could I!?"
Aryan stood making weird faces, guessing what did maa actually mean. And suddenly maa arrived with her bowl of goodluck. And Aryan opened his mouth wide as he was about to eat a whole golgappa. 
Yeah! It was dahi-cheeni. Maa would give it to him as a good-luck, it was her own way to wish him luck and also a source of carefree mind for her. She thought dahi-cheeni certainly removes all the obstacles and evils from his path. Call it superstition or just an innocent believe; it had been working always.
"Maa, I'm leaving." Said Aryan while touching his mother's feet. And mom held his hand tight, made him sit on the sofa and wiped his white mustache off (dahi) saying, "Are you going with this mustache?" 
Both laughed out. Aryan hugged his maa tightly again, wiped her tears and said, "Don't worry! I remember each and every word of yours. I'll call you as soon as I reach there." And he left to the airport.
Now maa was all alone in those four walls, called 'home' with just a few neighbourhood friends of her. Aryan's mom-dad had got separated when he was barely five. It was just he and his mother; a single mother. Both were living a life, a life neither happy nor sad. It was a neutral one.
To be continued...

Post a Comment

6 Comments