The guy best friend...

We are best friends for absolutely no reason. And we don't even try to look for one. It's just a simple and natural thing, feeling, or say a relation maybe?

We do pass 'I love you' s which we really mean and hug tighter than anybody else (tight enough to break the ribcage and stiffen the muscles), but our love lies mainly in our tiny fights which often turn out to be wars. The simplest of problems become the most complicated ones and the fight which could easily have ended by the end of the day, lasts for days. (Days because we can't live any longer than that without another fight. What did you think? Oh who wants to hear that dumbass?)

Oh and did I tell you? We fight about who shall apologize first too! We feel a greatness in taking all the blame on ourselves!!

We are always up for each other right? Even if it's 3 AM or 3 PM. We shamelessly snatch each other's favourite food and gulp it in a single bite. We tease each other in front of crush & yes, ugh those typical ugly pictures saved purposely for birthday wishes? Also, when he makes fun of my height saying "My elbow is longer than your legs"? Oh but he won't let anyone else even laugh at me. I forgive!

Our friendship is cyclical. It just keeps spinning. At times road becomes steep too; but we never want this journey to end. But...

But what if this journey ends someday? We are just teens now; but someday someone will marry you and will tag you as 'only mine'. And you won't have any more time for me. Even thinking about this sucks. I know your answers, 'I  won'tmarry then' , 'won't you get married, monkey?'
Well I don't know. If marriages hold right to interfere in friendships, to snatch our bestfriends away; then why this marry such *toxic* people?

Marriage is such a big thing, it changes life overnight. Especially for girls. You don't live in your "parent's house" anymore, you live in your "own" home. You'll have restrictions and instructions. You won't be able to sneak out and go biking with your best friend, go on a trek and witness the day straight from the sunrise to the sunset; you'll lose everything!

"NOOOO!!!"
I shouted and woke up. Although it was a nightmare, but it also was a 4 AM dream. The things you love the most, the things you're most attached with, and have fear of losing can make you believe even in the impossible. This time it was a 4 AM dream-cum-nightmare.

I texted him for like 1108649th time,
"What if your wife or my husband tries to break our friendship?"

"Ohh another nightmare? Sleep you crazy monkey and let me sleep too. Why will she be jealous of you?"

I, doubt his soberness as it's 4:15;
"Promise me that we're never gonna be apart and alwayse be best friends?"

(I hear a terrible laugh from that side)

"Okay friends at least?"

"Okay promise. Now sleep, I've a secret for you."

Oh and I didn't tell you that he loves to create suspense to this curious-most-animal?

"What secret??" I ask.

"Will tell you tomorrow, goodnight!"

(Call gets disconnected)

I just hope forever is not a myth or lie and not all the promises are part of forgeries..

Cause we may fight the worst;
But we know each other the most (and best too!)

Post a Comment

0 Comments