The Great Escape 2

 Date: last month (between 10-15 something)
Place : The road opposite of the colony of milkmen around half a kilometre away from my house.
Time: 5:00 AM. 

I always used to go cycling early in the morning because of the fresh air, soothing wind, and the audible chirping of birds. This day was not different. I was pedalling, filling as much oxygen I could fill in my lungs and moving ahead fastly as the road was pretty empty.

It would've only 2 mins and I reached the Devi temple, ahead of it was a flyover. I had to cross two such flyovers and return back home so I was pedalling fast as usual; fast. But it was not as usual as I was thinking. Two dogs started barking a lot, later accompanied with four more dogs. They weren't only barking; they were actually chasing my bicycle. I knew I was surrounded by sheer havoc. Damn! I never pedalled so fast. But what would you expect a person to do if 4-6 barking dogs are chasing her?

I was screaming so loud, loud enough to wake up the entire city. Cycle was tilting because of (too)fast pedalling but I didn't fall. Luckily there were two guys sitting on the flyover. They heard my screams and shooed away the dogs. I was dripping with sweat and finally took a breath.

Guess whose cycle is laying in the dust now?

Post a Comment

0 Comments